Wednesday, November 7, 2007

do as I say, not as I do

I was given 50 gm of 3 ply. I carefully wound it, weighed it and divided it into halves by weight. As I wasn't too sure how far it would go, I decided on a toe up sock. I have done several pairs of these, but prefer cuff down. I seem to have trouble accurately gauging where to start the heel, even though I follow hints. Ripped out three starts and was finally underway. Did the heel and started up the leg.

Now I often tell people to look at their knitting. It's easy that way to spot mistakes and fix without too much trouble. Did I do this? No. So here I am, tiny needles, three ply, about 2.5 " up the leg when I happen to notice the sock hung oddly from the needles. Closer inspection showed I had put heel in wrong place at only 90° to the toe rather than 180°. No wonder it looked peculiar.

So I ripped and ripped and have re-done heel. Can't face anymore tonight.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Heh! Sometimes I feel like that with my knitting too! Just put it in the naughty corner for a while!