Sunday, November 4, 2007

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle . . .

In my last post, I described my insane affection for a particular purple baby yarn, the relationship between the yarn and my beloved purple socks, and the Bride of Franken Socks.

I am happy to say I have completed the Brides, which are destined to be my weekend socks.
I am also happy to report the beloved socks were not completely consumed by the creation of the Brides and with the addition of a little rib have now become a pair of arm warmers.

So after a little recycling of yarn, reducing my UFO’s and my stash, I now have my Bride of Franken socks, created on a wing and a prayer (no particular pattern) and a pair of arm warmers to remind me of my beloved purple socks.


Read more of my knitting adventures at my blog.

1 comment:

Jan said...

I've been using up bits and pieces too. Good feeeling isn't it? What a good idea with the arm warmers and probably very useful in Millthorpe in winter.